Cardomom Mustard Chicken
4 tablespoons spicy mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3–4 drops Cardamom oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 dozen chicken wings
Olive oil to coat wings
- Mix all sauce ingredients together until sugar dissolves and set aside.
- Coat wings with oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Bake wings at 350° F for about an hour or until wings are crispy. Turn once halfway through cooking.
- Pull the wings out and baste with sauce, coating evenly.
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
1 orange bell pepper, cored and diced
1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 fresh Mango diced
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
⅔ cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 drop each of Cumin oil, Corriander Oil (or Cilantro Oil), Lime oil and Lemongrass Oil
2 teaspoons salt
- Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, bell peppers, black beans, corn, cilantro, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, garlic powder, all essential oils being used, and salt until combined. Pour the juice over the salsa and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
CINNAMON SPICE SALAD DRESSING
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil (or Cinnamon oil)
1 drop Clove oil
Pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
1 small garlic clove finely minced
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepperInstructions
- Mix all ingredients in a jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to four days.
CHILI LIME MARINADE
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 drops Lime essential oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
*Recommended with shrimp.
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 drop Cinnamon or Clove essential oil
*Recommended with chicken.
Avocado Shrimp Salsa
Doesn’t the name just say it all – YUMM
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled and deveined (but you could get cooked sweet salad shrimp, if so rinse under cold water and pat dry)
- 1/4 tsp each Salt & Black Pepper (season to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or your favourite oil)
- 3 medium Limes, Juiced
- 1 drop Lime Essential Oil
- 2 medium to large Avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 English Cucumber Chopped
- 3 medium Tomatoes chopped or (15 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes cut in half)
- 1 Small Red Onion finely chopped or a bunch of Green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro washed well and chopped
- 1 drop Cilantro Essential Oil
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium heat, add Avocado Oil then add shrimp. Cook 3 minutes total, turning often. Do not overcook. Remove from pan, chop and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, squeeze juice of the limes, 1 drop of Lime Essential Oil, 1 drop of Cilantro Essential Oil. Mix well and pour over chopped shrimp. Let marinate while you prepare the rest.
- Mix together Cucumber, Avocado and Tomatoes.
- Add them to the Shrimp. Add Onions and Cilantro and mix gently.
- You can add a bit of hot sauce if you like!
- Serve with Tortilla chips, Flour Tortilla bowls or anything you can scoop with!
If you like a bit of sweetness, add a few diced Green Grapes or Mango!