Luxurious Lavender Bath Salts
This recipe uses a combination of Epsom salt and pink sea salts. Epsom salt is not actually a salt at all! Epsom salt is made of hydrated magnesium sulfate. Magnesium and sulfate are known for their hydrating properties, making Epsom salt a popular choice for bath salts. Himalayan Salt is a rock salt mined from ancient salt beds within the Himalayan Mountains. Protected from pollution and impurities since its formation 200 million years ago, pink Himalayan salt is believed to be one of the purest forms of salt available. They say it is actually GOOD for us to eat! The color of sea salts range from white to a deep shade of pink.
4 – 8 oz. jars
2 1/2 cups (20 oz.) Epsom salts
6 Tbsp (3 oz.) Himalayan Salt – fine grind
6 Tbsp (3 oz.) Himalayan Salt – course grind – OR 3/4 cup (6 oz.) of fine or course ground
40 drops doTERRA Lavender Essential Oils
1 Tbsp. Dried Lavender
3 Tbsp. Cornflower petals (option)
- Mix together Epsom Salt and Himalayan Salt together.
- Add Lavender Essential Oil, Mix well.
- Add Dried Lavender and cornflower petal (if using). Store in an air tight jar.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup to bath water
Sit back and enjoy!
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 12 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Food grade food colouring gel (Red for the Candy Cane look)
- Mix sugar, coconut oil and peppermint oil together until completely combined.
- If colouring, pour 1/2 of the mixture into another bowl. Add food colouring until it is the desired colour.
- Pour into jar, alternating white and red for the “candy cane” effect.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Rub on skin, and rinse with warm water.
You can change this to a Salt Scrub by changing the white sugar to Pink Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt. Crush salt to the grind you like. 🙂
Lavender Body Butter
- 1 cup Shea butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Liquid oil (healthy, organic oil like Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil etc)
- 30 -35 drops of the Lavender Essential Oil or any other Essential Oil of your choice (For the first time you make this, you may want to reduce Essential oil, 20-25 drops. This can be adjusted each time you make it.)
- Melt Shea butter and Coconut oil in the top of a double boiler
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in Liquid oil and Lavender Essential oil or Essential Oil of your choice.
- Wait until oils start to partially solidify, then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved. …
- Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy!
At first it felt really strange to put on because as soon as it comes in contact with the heat of your skin, it “melts” and feels… oily. Imagine that! But after working it into my skin for a few seconds, the oily feeling is gone and it just feels smooth and moisturized! If you need to handle something right away after putting it on, I would just wipe off the palms of your hands slightly, this will help.
Suggestions for Essential Oil ideas
- Wild Orange – good for morning use, it helps you wake up and be inspired!
- Peppermint – good for boosting your mood.
- Geranium – supports emotions by creating a calming and grounding effect, used to boost the appearance of skin.