Perfect Buttercream Icing
- 4 sticks (1 lb, 454 g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 cups (2 lb, 907 g) confectioners sugar sifted
- large pinch of salt
- extracts and flavorings as desired
- 1-3 tablespoons whole milk as needed
Combine the butter, sugar, and flavorings in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
Start mixing on low speed until the sugar is incorporated with the butter. Increase the mixing speed to high and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Adjust the consistency with milk as needed.
Store unused buttercream in the refrigerator in an airtight container and bring it back to room temperature before using to pipe or frost.
- Lemon Oil is wonderful for any Blueberry cakes
- Orange Oils for and white cake but also good if you like Chocolate Orange
- Peppermint for Chocolate as well
- Lime for a key lime flavour